AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Victoria (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   VIC - Wheeling Sunday 27th Jan 2007 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74306)

WJeep 20-01-2008 06:28 AM

VIC - Wheeling Sunday 27th Jan 2007

Hi guys,

As it has been a little while since my club has organised a suitable trip for me, I was wondering if anyone was free to do a trip to Toolangi or somewhere similar on Sunday 27th.

I am thinking somewhere along the lines of a C grade trip, but with the opportunity for the more serious wheelers to go and take on harder stuff so either have us watch or meet up later.

I am new to wheeling, so I do need someone who knows the area well to guide us through, but figured no harm in trying to get something organised.

Anyone free and interested, post a reply and indicate what area you prefer and hopefully using majority rules we can get ourselves a bit of a trip somewhere not TOO far from Melb.

Thanks.

Israel 20-01-2008 08:57 AM

If my jeep is repaired by then (I dont have a bumper at the moment!) then I am interested. Toolangi, Yarra Ranges, Marrysville, etc..

stockers82 20-01-2008 09:48 AM

Hey,

I'd nearly be keen but I only have a standard '03 KJ. Not 100% sure about the grades but i did a bit around bunyip the other day with my mate in his JK, he did fine with the extra clearance but i kept hitting the belly a fair bit and if they were rocks they would've done a bit of damage. (it's the only car i have :( ) we ended up on some logging tracks and some others that were steep, these were a bit of fun and no the damage. I only have standard road tyres too.

If you think you could accommodate me I will be happy to come, i just have to make sure a buy a rated tow hook :)

Let me know

WJeep 20-01-2008 01:05 PM

Stockaar,

I'm only fair new into this whole thing, but the times i've been with MJOC we've had a few stock KJ's on the trip with us and they've always been fine.

I have the theory that if there is a track you can't do or don't want to, then it is up to the group to go and have some fun and then come back down (or whatever) to pick the convoy back up - or find another track that everyone can do.

I'm thinking a family friendly trip so everyone feel free to bring the missus and kids or mates - whatever.

I just want a fun day out with some low range stuff - don't care if it is considered easy - for me it's more about getting out and enjoying the day.

Israel - would love it if you can come mate - be good to catch up with you and your family again.

Up for just about anywhere - just put the ideas forward and lets get something arranged.

stockers82 20-01-2008 01:43 PM

Yeah that's cool, i'm happy whereever, i'll be just out for some fun too. I have done some fairly hard 4wheeling but in DSE vehicles when i worked for them so i guess i wasn't as careful with those as i am my own.

Umm I usually go out near labertouche or out the other side to lerderderg but that is because I work out that way. I am not really sure about the local areas. I have a mate who may be keen also.

New2Jeep, you are just down the road from me so wherever we go (if we go) I will be travelling the same distance as you. Where does the MJOC usually go?

tomahawkracefab 20-01-2008 02:52 PM

weekend wheelin

would like to come along ...got a grand cherokee '04 diesel...std tyres though
and would prefer mild tracks...dont wanna trash car...( i'll make up for it with the tj I'm building!!! ) I've emailed Israel...see if I can fit him in at end of week for tube bar If he wants, we've already spoken about bumper at xmas...look forward to meeting yuz if it comes together

Anthony

flexytj 20-01-2008 03:47 PM

might come along as long as its not to hot weather wise