AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jeep build up (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   XJ: Mogkee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78228)

Wooders 17-06-2008 09:17 AM

XJ: Mogkee

Project Mogkee Summary
Project duration: 12months.
Objective: Start with a 1995 XJ, slap unimog diffs under it, do some comps and then part it out.
Milestones/targets:
1. Got the XJ registered (has been unregistered for 3 years). Done June08.
2. Get the mogs fitted & Engineered. Target Sept08.
3. Prepare for comps - gutted, exo cage, etc. Target Nov08.
4. Run TTC09. Target Mar/Apr08.
5. Strip/sell/reuse/scrap. Target June09.
Budget: $3k. (not including parts I already have).
:mrgreen:

Ben 17-06-2008 02:04 PM

Um, why are you so keen to kill it?

Jimmyb 17-06-2008 03:10 PM

you missed 3.5

Ben he sounds like he is doing what I did with my last XJ, build it, drive it REAL hard when part whats left. You should try it, its fun!!

Maz 17-06-2008 04:32 PM

I like this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooders (Post 867071)

Budget: $3k. (not including parts I already have).
:mrgreen:

You must be one talented man Wooders.;) I wish I could do that.

Wooders 17-06-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 867142)
Um, why are you so keen to kill it?

The startings price of the vehicle was VERY low - the previous owner is my Navi and it was part of the conditions of sale ;)
As JB said it should be a fun project - but on a more serious note obviously one of the reason to do TTC is advertising etc....ideally I'd like to have products we actually sell fitted ....But obviously things like the exo will be custom.
Also at the end I have a few parts that I really want to use elsewhere (mogs to the TJ and engine/tranny to the CJ8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maz (Post 867177)
You must be one talented man Wooders.;) I wish I could do that.

LOL - far from it.....my driveway of dismantled Jeeps is probably testiment to that ;) The $$ goal is pretty specifical becuase it's too easy to burn $$ that I don't have. Want to keep the cost down by keeping the plan simple, using parts I already have laying about and doing as much as possible myself (or other cheap/bribed labour ;)). Also where possible removed items will be put up for sale to help maintain the budget.

Anyhow more details coming soon and some pics......Oh yeah since this rig will also be proudly wearing AJOR Stickers - and suggestions and work/parts offers will be happily accepted ;)

Matty ducati 17-06-2008 07:31 PM

Good to see you building stuff again dave!

Rosie 17-06-2008 07:38 PM

There's another one of our Perth Crawlers over here about to beat ya to it Dave. His already started chopping his up. Unimogs on an XJ will be nuts, can't wait to see the 2 of them