AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   WH/WJ Snorkels (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83678)

DarwinDave 22-01-2009 08:43 PM

WH/WJ Snorkels

I spoke to Michael Kirk-Williams from GibsonRM today (Airflow snorkels). He should be ready for a trial fit to a WH CRD in a couple of weeks. Air testing is complete and he reported that approx. 20% improvement in power and 8% improvement in consumption. He already has a AJOR member who is making his vehicle available.
He is seeking WH/WJ petrol jeep owners (V6 and V8) to make their vehicle available for trial measurements, hopefully in the next 2 weeks.
He is located at 4 Collins Rd, Dromana on Mornington Peninsula about an hour or so south of Melbourne.
He can be contacted on 03 5987 3733.
At this stage he is expecting the WH CRD snorkel to be ready in 8-10 weeks.

Cheers

DarwinDave (now living in Brisbane)
2007 WH CRD Navigator, 2" lift (OME springs) with Bilstien shockers, ECB Bull bar.

Matty05 22-01-2009 10:39 PM

If I lived in melbourne he could have my WJ (inline 6) but I dont so I'll just have to wait........:-(

chrisk 23-01-2009 07:00 AM

I live in Frankston, under 20mins from Dromana. I have a WJ V8 & will give him a call to let him know that my vehicle will be available to him. This is the one thing I have been waiting for to add to my Jeep.
I'll keep everbody updated as to how it may all turn out.

spotty dog 360 23-01-2009 06:34 PM

Very interested to see how the Overland goes with 20% more power!

DarwinDave 24-01-2009 08:56 AM

Thanks guys,

It's a great opportunity to support industry that is prepared to support Jeepers.
We are all keenly awaiting a snorkel, especially for the CRD's with motor replacement costs $30-40 grand.

Cheers
DarwinDave

johnv 27-01-2009 08:13 AM

Finally!! I have had my 2007 WH CRD to him last year for the first stage of the development work on this snorkel.
Unfortunately I have been in Canberra for a couple of months and heading North in a couple of weeks so my vehicle will be unavailable.
I will need to have a snorkel fitted before Cape York although my previous 2003 2.8L CRD KJ in standard guise managed it quite well with only a tarp to keep the water out, but I'm not inclined to tempt fate again perhaps a case of not so lucky this time.
Look forward to hearing about the completion of the snorkel.
With the fitment of the new air ram that Michael has been working on also it will nagate the need to put a "chip" in the vehicle, although the WH is an excellent tow vehicle (18'-6" caravan about 2.5 tonnes loaded)
regards Johnv

DarwinDave 27-01-2009 09:27 AM

Hi Johnv,
Michael mentioned that it was your vehicle that he was going to use for the next fitting. Does this mean that we need another AJOR WH CRD for him to test fit on?
If it does, can someone in Melbourne contact him so that he can finish at least the CRD one.
I'm like you will be heading up to the Cape in July and don't really want to risk a $30-40K motor.

Cheers

DarwinDave