AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   mud tyres???? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85713)

5teve 12-04-2009 09:32 PM

mud tyres????

hi guys
I'm planning to upgrade to bigger tyres and I can't decide which brand will be the best for me. I want mud tyre that won't make to much noise on the road. I previously had bfg I was pretty happy with them. At the moment I have cooper stt. They are very noisy on the road.
I’ve been looking at bfg km2 (they shut have good on road performance and shut be quiet on roar as well) and mickey tompson mtz (don’t know much about those)
I want to know your opinions
Thanks Steve

flexytj 12-04-2009 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5teve (Post 959228)
hi guys
I'm planning to upgrade to bigger tyres and I can't decide which brand will be the best for me. I want mud tyre that won't make to much noise on the road. I previously had bfg I was pretty happy with them. At the moment I have cooper stt. They are very noisy on the road.
I’ve been looking at bfg km2 (they shut have good on road performance and shut be quiet on roar as well) and mickey tompson mtz (don’t know much about those)
Thanks Steve

any tyre like a pro comp xtreme mud terrain or mickey thomopson mtz will be
a good compromise as they are reasonably quiet onroad and perform well offroad .

BennyWA 12-04-2009 09:55 PM

my cooper s/t's were pretty quiet but dangerous in the wet!

XJKEE 12-04-2009 10:20 PM

Pretty happy with the MTZ. Not too noisy at all.

McLovin 13-04-2009 08:15 AM

Just fitted procomp extreme muddies and they seem extroadinarily quiet on the road..only done about 50 kms so cant really comment on performance yet but they are heaps quieter than the bfg mud 1s.

xj jorg 14-04-2009 07:44 AM

I have had a set of radial baja claws and they were suprisingly quieter than you think on road.Quiter than other muddies ive had on road and they just eat mud up off road:D

Wooders 14-04-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5teve (Post 959228)
hi guys
Thanks Steve

Just curious - how often have you been rotating the tyres?