AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Fitting Front and Rear Adj. Panhard Rods Tomorrow (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86071)

JAG811 27-04-2009 12:41 PM

Fitting Front and Rear Adj. Panhard Rods Tomorrow

For anyone that doesn't know, when I fitted my ARB 2 '1/2 lift I had the diffs move between 25 - 35 mm and so I've purchased front and rear adjustable panhard rods.
They're tough dog and kick ass heavy !! Really happy with them. I've had to give the front one a quick cote of black as I don't like anodised gold things looking all shinny under an illegally high lifted 4be. :(

Anyways, 4WD1 advertises the adj. front panhard as "the difference is remarkable" running 35's on a JK. So I got a Rancho steering dampener at the same time as my stocko seems to be wet??? and has wet all behind it??? (it's rooted).

Soooo I'm keen as hell to see if it rides "remarkably" better and takes out that jiggle in the steering wheel we all complain about. ;)

I find that if I grip the steering wheel "toight" then the suspension seems to handle it pretty well, but a loose grip on the wheel flies through your hands and it feels like you’re about to crash??? :(

Soo tomorrow I'll know if our beloved front end wobbles are less with, adj. front panhard rod and rancho steering dampener. :idea: :shock: :idea: :shock: :idea:

PS-Thanks for the heads up on re-adjusting after spring sag MC !! :p

Mojotec 27-04-2009 07:14 PM

Will be keen to see what you think after fitting it all. Are you running 35's? I've been running 33's and only just recently started feeling light wobbles in the steering wheel - riding over a bumpy road.

wranglertj 27-04-2009 08:20 PM

Jag please post your thoughts after panhard fitted as i am currently in a similar canundrum at the moment and not sure which way to go and your opinion would be much appreciated!! :)

JK07 28-04-2009 01:02 AM

Mate SOLID AXLE is releasing heavy duty chromoly Panhard adjustable bars front and rear with OEM bushings which are awesome. The panhards are ready and will be available for purchase next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wranglertj (Post 963838)
Jag please post your thoughts after panhard fitted as i am currently in a similar canundrum at the moment and not sure which way to go and your opinion would be much appreciated!! :)

lmorgiew 28-04-2009 08:14 AM

Cost of Panhards

Guys,

How much are the Tough Dog and what is the expected RRP for the Solid Axle

cheers

Leon

wranglertj 28-04-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK07 (Post 963938)
Mate SOLID AXLE is releasing heavy duty chromoly Panhard adjustable bars front and rear with OEM bushings which are awesome. The panhards are ready and will be available for purchase next week.

do they rectify the shimmy in the steering wheel?
But they sound good though mate but do you know what the cost of them are?

double black offroad 28-04-2009 09:12 AM

Mine are being fitted today by Solid.

I run 37's and dont have any shimmy, run the stock stabilizer, suggest it could be something else