AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 22-08-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime View Post
Very nice install ther xjsteve!! What was involved in moving the heater / a/c controls?

cheers
sime
moving the heater controls wasnt hard, just unplugged the vacum setup and rerouted it over the wiring harness then plugged it back in, had to cut off the top left scew tab cause it interferred with the facer clipping back on and re drilled the screw holes, as for fitting the double din head unit it took a lot of customising to fit that, had to practically cut out all of the air con tubing and stuff behind the dash cause the air con takes up so much room, all that is left of the air con box is the bottom box everything abouve thats gone, no venting to either side vents and the middle vents gone also, but saying that it hasnt affected the air con that much at all, all the cold air just falls out from under the dash and keeps the car chilly, it doesnt blow in your face like it used to but if air cons in good enough order the car cools down quick and stays that way, plus the head unit stays cool and doesnt over heat, we were goin to use a hole saw in the center to make vent holes but that wasnt necesarry, geze there a mongrel car with the dash of, all blow mould plastic everywhere no room to work or run cables, my mate and i hade the jeep totally disassembled for over a week to get all the wires, amp leads and rca leads in and out of sight, my only thing now is i want to do a dual battery set up but there is bugger all room any where in the car for it to fit neatly, the amps fitted nicesly but i am goin to install some cpu fans in the face of the panel to allow some decent air flow over the whole lot, definatly worth all the work thou to have decent tunes, gps nav, dvd player, hands free phone kit and reversing camera ability., i still havent got around to making the drawer to fit over the top of all the equipment yet, but was even thinkin of just putting a drop down door on the front instead, like a cupbourd instead of a draw, what yall think?
www.offroadcartel.com.au