AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Commander owners post your pics.
View Single Post
Old 23-08-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 154 Times in 110 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Wanderer. Great to hear the trip went well (apart from the tyres). I was talking to Henry at Procomp and he can get me the replacement rims. But I am thinking of just trying to fit the 265 X 65 to the standard rim, then check the clearance, maybe cut off the bolt end and cut a slot. It is just so frustrating having the basics for a great all round 4 x 4 and the manufacturer stuffing it up because of not listening to the customer. When I bought the Discovery in 1994, I recieved a questionaire 12 months later asking if I had any sugestions for improvements, funnily enough I sent a couple and it was incorperated in the nexr model.
Anyway I will probably be changing back to Land Rover, I don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars to fix up manufacturers stuff ups, which is a shame because that Merc engine is a jem its a unfortunate the suspension/tyre combination is set up for 90% on road. For a tow vehicle people will probably look at the new Ford Territory with the Land Rover 2.7 diesel in front of the Commander.