AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4wd Action Mag - Jeep Fails Again!!
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts

I sepnt 2 weeks with the magazine crew on a trip recently, they told me this JK failure during a test was coming up.

I did ask why they didnt fix it themselves and continue, and their response was along the lines of ' its up to us to drive and test them, not repair them. All cars should be thoroughly checked by the dealer/manufacturer before handing it to us, if they dont do their job properly or an item fails, so be it, we'll call them on it and report it as it happens'.

I think thats a fair enough stance to take, or else how far would/should they go on trackside repairs?

Last year they had a Hummer to take accross the simmo, but in their pre delivery checking GM forgot to refill the ps reservior with fluid.... resulting in steering failure. GM tried to pin it on the mag guys apparently.

We did a test of different camper trailers, and some failed. Broken suspension, poor fit and finish, and dodgy design all contributed to failures. And they will print it as it occurred.

LRA got the sh!tes with them big time a few years ago when they left a disco (that had gone into limp mode after a minor water crossing) on the side of the track on cape york, rang LRA and told them to go get it.

And another Mfr accused them of sabotaging their camper in a previous test and damaging it on purpose just to get the result they were after for magazine sales puropses.

Of course all manufacturers are going to say 'we never heard of that happening before'......

After spending time with them it is clear they play no favours to any manufacturer, no matter what one eyed brand loyal readers will think or say.