AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Not happy Jan!
Thread: Not happy Jan!
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2009
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Angry Not happy Jan!

So, the big Simpson Desert trip is happening and I decided to go for an Aux fuel tank. The Long Ranger tank looks the goods so I look at getting one, unfortunately the local ARB kept getting the "it's two weeks away from production" response so after two months I gave up on them.

Someone suggested I try Long Range Automotive, I had a look on their website and there was no mention of the JK, however the TJ was listed as both Petrol and Diesel. I sent them an email asking if they had a tank for a 2dr JK Diesel Wrangler, yay , the response came back that they did and it could be ordered through TJM.

Wandered down to the local TJM to place an order, whilst I was there they rang LRA to confirm the contents of the email I received. Whilst on the phone I had TJM, again, confirm that the part number was for a two door diesel JK Wrangler - Affirmative! Order placed.

Dropped her in to the shop yesterday to be fitted, about three that day I get a phone call from the store, the wrong filler had been supplied, not to worry, was being overnighted, could they keep the Jeep overnight

"Sure", I said

I have just got off the phone from the store to check on the progress, after checking with the mechanic out back it appears:

LRA have NEVER done a tank for a 2 door JK before they just assumed the 4dr or TJ or whatever the hell tank they sent up would fit.

What sort of business makes an assumption like that?

I leave Saturday, what's the chances of Long Ranger now being able to get one to me in the next two days? (something about hell and a snowball occurs to me)

Anybody done Birdsville to Mount Dare, via the WAA line, in a Diesel 2dr before and if so how much fuel did you carry/use?