AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - lift issue..dont take their word for it..
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default lift issue..dont take their word for it..

[rant]

Well..just finished fitting 2" springs to my car. On the recomendation of the manufacturer fitted the standard ones in the front and HD ones in the rear to cope with fridge, camping gear etc. All with their assurance that the car will sit level and it will be a 40mm lift.

So get home with the springs and notice they are the same part nbr front and rear...well quick call and find that the HD rears are actually the standrd fronts, but that compress and so still 40mm..again asked will it sit level and be at 40mm ..of course it will..

had me thinking considering front to rear swap gives you about 1.5 to 2" lift but took their word for it..

So how is the car you may ask..well the front is sitting perfectly, but the rear is sitting at around 3"-3.5" lift..in fact just a tad taller than it was with the 3.5" RE lift that i have just removed.

Now find out that if i carry over 200KG in the rear at all times then it will sit level..so know have to swap out the springs again for the original RE ones so at least i can drive it..and wait till a set of the std ones arrive next week grrrrrr

I expected a little bit of extra lift in the rear with HD springs..just not nearly 2" worth

[/rant]