AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - SO, the JK is......
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think it is more a snapshot of society which seems to have developed a very much negative attitude towards things. People expect alot more out of consumables and bitch and moan at petty things. It's popularity is also a curse as people have bought them who really don't understand their real purpose which has been perpetuated by the marketing people. In essence the JK is a good vehicle and is best suited to those who like low range 4wding and is very capable stock and as with other vehicles modding takes them to another level. The problem is that some people have bought them and expect them to be an outback tourer lugging heavy trailers which is something they are not suited to and dissapointment is enevitable. Personally i don't think they have anymore Death wobble issues than other beam axle 4wd's it's just they are new and people with little previous experience whack lifts in without thinking of the repurcussions and i think there is great deal of people who have experienced a wobbling feeling that is not Death wobbles. As for the fire issue that seems to have calmed down now and it is not the first brand to be affected by this. Hopefully in a few years time people who are genuine Jeep lovers will out number the fad chasers that have rode the JK wave and most of crap will die down.

oh in relation to lovemywrangler's statement i think you'll find that their are many JK owners who are more than prepared to push the bounderies much more so than any other make. There are several examples on this website and within the club i belong to they go where anyone else goes on the whole.