AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - SO, the JK is......
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

i like my JK. It suits me great and I don't mind the way it drives at all. I like how it is a genuinely flexible vehicle capable of doing a wide range of things including getting dirty on weekends. I am a latte drinker, not a pole smoker, i don't wear my collar flicked up, I like boutique beers, have never driven a greasy stick up a dog's arse as that's just ferral but I may have torn a goat's ******** before as flexytj has identified elsewhere.

My issues are not so much with the build quality even though mine has been an absolute joke (things are going wrong which simply should not happen on a vehicle made in this century). What grinds my gears is just the shit quality parts Chrysler have used in building this vehicle. My have just had ordered the parts to completely rebuild the front end short of new bushes as everything which moves is worn out. I would have done no more than 100km with it in 4wd and less than 20km on dirt road, so this is wear which has developed over 18,000km/6 months of driving on the black top with stock tyres.

THAT is just unacceptable. And chrysler know it because they are actually resolving it by redesigning the parts which are causing problems (and it seems this may only be a recent development). I also find Jeep dealers here in SE QLD to be pretty bloody good and they are also the most knowledgeable of these vehicles at this moment in time.

Last edited by Yom; 05-03-2010 at 05:15 PM.