AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - SO, the JK is......
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

bonza i hope this post survives without deletion, but here goes. the short wheelbase jk is quite a woepon in it's standard guise, mods just improve it. the four door is also a good vehicle (early sales showed 80% were 4 door). but it suffers from an extremely long wheel base which means that withou a lift kit it's off road capabilities are diminished, not a great problem. the issues in the main have been with bad assembly practices at the factory and the inclusion of some sub-standard parts. this also can be over come, but when it is combined with a lack of factory support and lack of dealership support in some areas, to the extent that chrysler through it's dealers even denied the existance of common problems, life turned in to a nightmare for some owners. i hope this explanation survives without deletion. i think it's a fairly factual account, not "jeep bashing". and from there the problems started when overzealous jeep owners objected to totally frustrated owners venting their spleen on this site. that would be a pretty basic explanation of what has been going on. the jeep in itself is a great vehicle when it works, i have never heard anyone argue against that, the rants have always been about the inabilty to get problems in a new vehicle, which should never have been there, fixed by the dealerships. and the problems have been both mechanical and electrical. but if they can be sorted out then the vehicles areexcellent. hope that gives you some insight into what it's all been about. i hope this post is seen as rational and not "jeep bashing " or creating some other problem among owners or members of the forum.