AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK surrounded by Nissans Help me !!
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK surrounded by Nissans Help me !!

Greetings all,

This weekend I'm heading up to Stockton Beach with my brand new only a 1000k old Jeep Jk with the Nissan Patrol Club. I'm very experienced with Sand driving and done Stockton many times in my previous Landcruiser /Patrol/ XJ Cherokee. This will be the first time my little red Genii makes a debut in 4wd. I only have stock recovery points at this stage in fact Genii is completely stock CRD, 6spd and Fire Engine red. The Nissan's are already lining up to take the mickey out of my little red tart. Parts falling off, where is the recovery points, good thing she is a 4door so you have room to take all your parts home blah blah blah. So I've got nothing to lose when I get stuck etc as they are expecting it. BUT I'm looking for other JK Diesel 6 spd owners to give me some tips with the JK. I know about turning off ESP though I'm confused a bit how that works and I'm going to play with that a bit today, but what about other little electronic bits? I'm thinking the tyre pressure alarm is going to go off when I drop the tyres down to about 15psi (sound good? that worked great on my cruiser) Does the alarm go off continually or does it howl just once and leave a light on? 4h seems to have a very high 1st gear (compared to what I've driven before) so I think 4lo is the go. Is there any problems running into the higher gears with 4lo? Come on fellow Jeepers Help me out!!! lol

Chris