AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - REVIEW: AEV ProCAL module
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2009
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
So, if you're running tube tires, or have removed the sensors the ProCal user can turn the system off.
I just recently tested the Procal in my CRD manual. When set to zero with my 2nd set of tyres on (which don't have sensors) the low tire warning still went off, so in my experience that's not the case. I was surprised how accurate the alarm was going off within 2 psi of the set pressure most times & as it only takes 60 seconds to reset, it is a simple process that could be done each time you air down.
When adjusting the unit to my 285 tyres I was able to get the speedo to match perfectly but then the odometer was out by 30m every kilometer. Personally I would rather the odomenter be correct & just remember that the speedo is reading 4 km low.
For those that are annoyed by the indicator flashing 3 times when you touch it that can be set to one flash as well.
Trouble codes can also be reset as well as centring the steering wheel after front end modifications & the shift pattern for autos can be changed to allow for bigger wheels.
Those that would benifit most from this unit are petrol auto vehicles fitted with oversized tyres. As the idle up feature doesn't work on the CRD I thought it barely worth getting for us diesel owners particually when I found the low tyre pressure couldn't be turned off with no sensors.