AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 4wd tracks close to sydney
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklad View Post
A nice easy off-roading day trip if you want to throw in a bit of wine tasting in the Hunter Valley on the way back is to take the Yango & Howes valley tracks through the Yango National Park. You can access it either from the F3 (via the Peats Ridge exit) or via Wiseman's Ferry. The Wiseman's Ferry route is a nicer drive (you go past the Settlers Arms pub at St Alban's and spend a bit more time on dirt).

The drive through the National Park takes you on about half dirt (recently graded when I was there a few weeks ago) & the last half on the 4WD only Howes Valley (fire) trail which has some pretty rough and steep bits and some great scenery, but nothing too hairy so it's perfectly safe if you're on your own or inexperienced. Brings you out at the Putty Road so you can head home either back through Wiseman's or via wine country & Singleton or Cessnock. There's even a couple of camping spots in the Park if you want to overnight.
That sounds nice, where did you get the info on that?? got mates want to wheel, but are terrified of having a vehicle in the same condition as mine. haha