AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - JK - AEV 3.5" lift
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBlack View Post
wow long post alright, i got dizzy reading it
im no fan of AEV aka Nth Degree lift kit.
Mal if I recall you initially had this kit? But as I said the kit is more aimed at remote touring or as the yanks call it expedition. The sort of wheeling you do from the down south thread would suggest to me that the Poly Performance lift would be a better choice for that serious mud fest you guys have down there in Vic.

That being said the kit does work well off road, just that at the extreme end of things I think that the Poly would do a better job. As I said this is my DD and as a result I wanted something where I could feel comfortable that it would work best with my style of driving. I feel I got what I was after.

I agree with the statement you made about the kit being better suited for the 4 door, AEV talk about the spring rate being optimised to settle things down by the time the rear wheels get there. As the kit was developed for the 4 door and adapted to the 2 door the spring frequency would be wrong for the 2 door. It would need different front springs at a minimum.

Last edited by JasperJ; 05-07-2010 at 09:54 PM. Reason: I started the reply ages ago got back and the thread had progressed