AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Need a hand... confused
View Single Post
Old 20-08-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

okaii no let me let you in on some info haha

NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO YOU WILL NEED TO BUMPTOP!

bumpstops are a cylinder looking rubber peice that sits at the bottem of your spring perch at the front and at the top of your spring perch in the rear i think(someone confirm the rear)

you need to bumpstop because with 33's and a 2" lift your will will go into your guard when going up hills ect, remeber me telling you that you have to limit you up travel to stop ythe big wheels hitting your new flares? you do this with bumpstops

you can cut up a mallet and glue it to the bottem if you want at the front heaps of threads on bumpstopping here mate

you proberly dont have discos, these are your sway bar connecters, when you disconect this allows your front wheels to FLEX so its good when you offroad to "disco" look into buying some of these, JKS quick discos is a good brand to get

IMHO dont get a 2" body lift cause they a ugggglyyyy, just get a jks 1.25" body lift and a motor mount lift from wooders.com this will set you around 200bucks but you wint need transfer case spacers, and you will have more ground clearance because the transfer case hasent been dropped

2"springs with a 1.25 body lift is cool with 33's and if you still wnt some more clearance i recon get some coil spacers insted of more body lift so you lift the actual jeep and not just the body

thats my 2cents, everyone likes to run their jeep different, research is your friend, and ask a lot of questions