AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Throw out bearing or Gearbox??
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hey mate

my thrust bearing is fooked, what sound does yours make?

when your foot is off the clutch its like a rattling noise and once you push it in aout 2cm's the noise goes away, this is a sign that you clutch bearing is stuffed and its quite common in the jeep

its not gonna cost you 3500 to fix hahah dont go to jeep, its a easy fix but the issue is that they have to drop the tranny to get to it and thats why they charge a shit loads for labour but it wont be over a grand of labour 350-400 labour and then like 40bucks for the bearing,

if i was you i would replace the clutch with a HD one while your dropping the tranny, mines done about 80 000k's and then bearing is stuffed and i think my clutch might be on its lasts legs too, so why the tranny is out i would recommending replacing the clutch too, so you save on labour when your clutch ends up going

if you can record the sound and post it up, we will be able to tell you if its the bearing or not straight away man

its so annoying hey haha pisses me off when im offroad