AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Wet Carpet
Thread: Wet Carpet
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Well looks like I can join this club too now. Thought my car smelt wet yesterday, and found today it was as I had my back pack on the passangers floor yesterday.

Sunday when I drove for 1 hr on the highway I had aircon on the whole trip, so hoping its just the aircon hose that may have moved. Where is the hose? Outside on the firewall?
Hey Jimmy - sorry for the delayed response - dunno how helpful it is now, but......

The A/C drain is on the outside of the firewall in the lower section of the engine bay. You can't see it from the top and it is very hard to see even from underneath the car. If you get under the car with a light and look up past the exhaust on the passenger's side you will spot it eventually. I almost gave up before I spotted it.....

There is no hose attached to the drain - it is just a stubby little plastic tube poking out of the firewall about 10-15mm long and it's about 15mm in diameter. I just bought a 100mm long piece of clear plastic tube from the auto shop, heated the end up in boiling water and pushed it on. I then tucked it behind the brake line to keep it away from the exhaust.

It's pretty fiddly, mainly because there is not much room and I have big hands, but shouldn't take you longer than 20min.