AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - help :( what is this leak!? *PIX INCL*
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Coast Wrangler View Post
have you just had work done to your diffs? and is the fluid oily?

from where it is i'd say it is just rear diff oil that has come up your breather and into the "chassis rail" where it exits. nothing bad, but if you are really concerned pop the bung out of the rear diff and check the level, it should just trickle out of the filler hole
No work done on rear diff mate, this level checking seems difficult, where exactly am I to pop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I think its cause your cars upside down.... sorry coudnt resist

I think I got weaping from aircon on my chassis rails sometimes but thats more oily hey. I also just remembered sometimes one of the diff breathers is pushed into the chassic rail. Look for any hoses that go into rail.

Green is coolant btw
Lol @ upside down, yes aircon was just regassed and hasn't had problems in 10days (had leaks earlier which are hopefully fixed) ran it today for 10min but I don't think it could create so much weaping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisXJ View Post
TheMain oil leak looks like it is coming from the rear diff breather that runs down inside that side of the uni-body chassis. One of the shots to me also looks like the rear main seal on the engine and runs down the Tranny pan.
Ok so a few people mentioned diff, it's just slighty green oil and to be honest it's not very oily.. I mean when I wiped it down all that was left was half dried residue and mainly black dust. Mechanic told me a while ago that I had a very minor rear main seal leak, could this have developed alot more? (6months ago)