AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ Transmission Oil Coolers
View Single Post
Old 27-11-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 48 Times in 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgebone View Post
did a lengthy drive in rush hour traffic today (ambient @ 28*C). crept along for over 30 minutes at under 30kph and saw temps fluctuate between 190 and 220*F! cant wait for those fans to show up!
I've been following this transmission temp thread and I've go a few questions.
I've had my xj 96 for about 6 weeks and I've have been watching my transmission temp, my transmission will get to 100 c with several hours of town driving, the engine gets to 100c but stays there. I've not been able to take it in to sand or lots of low range driving to date. The vehicle is stock in all regards concerning the cooling system.
Im thinking of leaving the radiator and fans as they are as it appears the thermostat is working. The temp bounces around 95 to 100.
What I have planned to try is a additional radiator 250x550 mounted in the winch recess of the bullbar with 2 thermos. The radiator is not in the air flow of the main radiator. I'll take the flow of the heater circuit. Has this been done by any one.