AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Another WH Swirl motor victim
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

When mine went on holidays last year (caused by the leaking turbo inlet seal) at first extendard warranty (Swann) would not cover it as they said it was the clips(clips and fastners are not covered).

After talking to the dealer and in nice way telling him that i was a Jeep nut ( and that the QLD Jeep rep goes to Camp Coffs )and that this is a known issue Jeep came to the party with all the parts free of charge and the dealer was very helpfull with the labour cost, and on my return was able to prove it was the motor that failed and Swann refunded my costs.

So i didn't so much yell and screem and jump up and down as just explain with much frustration that this is a issue and should be delt with.

On return to Sydney i rang Jeep told them what had happened and that this issue could return and they took all mine and the Jeeps details and was told that should this happen again the dealer is to first contact Jeep to discuss the matter.

But now that the is seal is sealed correctly and does't leak and i have fitted a Provent Filter, fingers crossed no more drammars.

"Such Is Life"