AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Canning stock route
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
good god feller, give us a break. you really need to come back to reality and get your ego in check. you've bought your first 4wd and you're doing a few trips. you are not some kind of pioneering adventurer going where no man has gone before, breaking new ground so lesser beings can follow in your footsteps. you are going places where thousands have been before you and some a number of times. get real mate. there are many many experienced people on this forum and off it who have been places you will never go, so ease up please, your ego is beginning to get the better of you, and you're starting to build yourself into something you are not.
Oh, don't be so silly!!! But davidd, weren't you saying these trips were dangerous etc and that I should not do them, even on my own. Thousands have done them according to you and I bet almost all on their own, even though they are dangerous. Well, so you say. Do you know, lots of soothsayers have said for years not to buy caravans but is is almost Australia's #1 growth industry. So, too, the recreational 4wd world. Sales are topping the charts. And these people are going where no one has gone before, including you, athough you could have done everything, which is perhaps why you seem to be a bit bilious.

Just think, so many people have not seen or toured Australia because of mis-information and mis-representation about difficulty etc. commonly perpetrated by magazines and sales people and likewise ignorant or motivated people. Give us all a break. I will continue to encourage JK forum participants to get out and see the country, instead of the rest of the world as a better preference. God knows, we need the tourist dollars here.

If you are broken down on some outback track and I come across you, would you like me to rescue you? Or are you one of those tourers who whizzes along with their windows wound up and the air conditioner going full blast and to hell with any one else. Have a nice day. Oh, and I haven't retired yet.

Last edited by humdingerslammer; 18-06-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: more information to hand