AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - "Carbon Flush" Injector clean - Does my JK need it?
View Single Post
Old 26-07-2011
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

My bad! I heard carbon and injectors and incorrectly assumed it would have to be diesel.
We used to use a pressure pack flush that connects into the fuel rail test point to flush petrol injectors and not fuel tank additives. You isolate the fuel pump and run the engine till the pack is empty and thats the flush. I assume the dealer would be doing this, hence the price difference.

Again, would not be using petrol tank additives, they need to be used in one swift go, ie fill tank and use the entire tank in one go, not good letting them sit in lines, orings, seal and tanks for long periods.

Matt.

PS after seeing the results of sawsall massace of some peoples inner fenders done by the dealer (apprentice), I did it myself. I used a stanly knife and neatly trimmed the little section off as per the TSB. Once its done the guard looks like it should be that shape anyway!

Last edited by Macca2801; 26-07-2011 at 05:14 PM.