AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Auxillary Compressor Tank
View Single Post
Old 13-08-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Auxillary Compressor Tank

Hey all

I'm looking at re-spraying my xj some time soon (when the weather is warmer and drier) and my old compressor wasn't going to be up to the task. I aquired it from a mate a while back, it pumps up to about 82psi but loses pressure really fast. Not going to cut it to paint a car.

Anyway, I figured that if I could make another tank for the compressor, then I should be able to get it to hold a reasonable amount of pressure for a lot longer. I found an old car LPG tank on the side of the road, and decided it would be a good auxilllary tank.

After draining the remaining LPG out of the tank, flushing it out and making sure it didn't have any leaks, I adapted some normal compressor fittings (mainly Nitto fittings) and with a few mods, I now have a compressor that will comfortable pump out around 50 psi all day! More than enough to spraypaint!!!

I have taken a couple of pics for your perusal. It isn't quite finished yet though... Going to build a frame with wheels on one end, and a handle on the other to make it more portable.

Cheers

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	49336   Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	49337