AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - REVIEW: STAUN Tyre Deflators
View Single Post
Old 17-09-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festa View Post
Once you set the stauns you lock them with pliers so they don't change setting.

As for not starting deflating, once I screw them on I grab the top with my finger nail and give it a light tug to get the ball rolling, not really that difficult.

Mine are still at the exact presure I set them at 5 years ago.

I have been threatening to get another set but never get around to it.
I have 2 set on 18psi for Sand and 2 set at 26 for the firmer stuff.

I can still use all 4 to deflate though.
When going down to 26psi I screw the 26's on first on one side of the car and walk around and screw the 18's on the other.
When the side I started on stops I go around and unscrew the 18's It is normally within 1/2 a pound.

Just curious as I have never used one but don't you have to let each tyre down indervidually with the ARB deflator?

I agree with Festa, I've got Stauns as well....and they are brilliant. No issues at all and I think they are very fast.... certainly fast enough to not cause any concerns. Mine go 36psi dfown to 24psi in about 30secs... and given that they come as a pack of 4 it's still 30secs because they all deflate once connected.

Staun is the way to go...and I'm not about to spend another $40- $70 just to save a precious few more seconds

Cheers, Pete