AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - CRD Manual Issues... who's had them?
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2011
Established Member

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I had an issue with it jumping out of gear, and feeling very vague , stiff, mushy when selecting higher gears. These issues only happen when gearbox hot. Someone on theses forums mentioned it was an old issue which had been present on some TJs too....

Dealership fixed the issue, an replaced a boot on the gearbox lever (there are about 3 in total if you count the one you see inside the car right down to the gearbox itslef... now it makes a slight whine after it's been in 6th for a while, which I put down to crappy lubrication.

Agree with earlier comment, 1st gear is too high. I have 3.73's I think (off-road group got ratio's which were between the standard and the rubicon if I remember correctly, certainly 6th is a useful gear for me and occasionally Ive tried for 7th on the freeway at 120 km/h LOL).

I'd probably get an auto next time too, just to avoid some of the issues with pricey clutch replacements I hear about and am expecting to happen, which I wan't wise to when I bought it.

Manual is horrid in the city... but then I live near a station so I take public transport... but it's lots of FUN