AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Sat Nav losing its way
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WK2 Sat Nav losing its way

Just wondering if anyone else out there is experiencing problems with their Sat Nav. I've been driving a new WK2 Grand Cherokee now for 5 weeks and have noticed that the Sat Nav often loses it's way and won't immediately recover. I've encountered the following quirks:
  • Sat Nav takes 10 minutes to recover (or does not recover at all) when exiting the Burnley tunnel.
  • When Sat Nav is out of whack it doesn't recover when the vehicle is restarted.
  • Sat Nav jumping suburbs in Albert Park
  • Sat Nav heading south when vehicle is traveling north through Yarraville.
  • My personal favourite: Sat Nav had me about 300m off shore in Port Phillip bay, some where out from Mornington. I was in South Yarra at the time (I should have taken a snap rod).

I took the vehicle in to Essendon Jeep to get them to try and fix it to which they had no answer other than someone from Jeep Head office was coming out to them for a chat, as they'd have a number of similar issues.

On the day the guys at Essendon Jeep were looking at the car I had one of their loan cars; a Patriot which also a Uconnect system it. I took the liberty of taking this through Burnley tunnel to see if it suffered from the same issues. Lo and behold! It had me driving down the Yarra and wouldn't recover despite the vehicle being restarted.

I'm starting to think Jeep's Uconnect sat navs have a systemic problem.