AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - In Dash Voltmeter 2011 GC
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2011
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default In Dash Voltmeter 2011 GC

Hi all, we currently drive a V8 petrol 100 series cruiser and are in the early stages of looking for a replacement vehicle. We tow a 18ft Bushtracker van occasionally and were always going to buy a new 200 series.. however, we have taken a shine to the new GC Overland packed with features the the Cruiser doesn't have and the money difference is quite large too.

Whilst surfing You Tube, I came across a video where the guy couldn't find a battery voltmeter or even a charging warning light to warn of a situation where the battery is not charging. He even disconnected the drive belt to the alternator and took it off and started the engine and ran it and put it into drive and no warning that the belt was in fact not truning the alternator or the water pump for that matter.

So my obvious question is.....those of you with new WK GC's.....do you have a voltmeter or even a battery charging warning light??

Thanks all
Cheers
Rick