AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - tirerack - anybody used them?
View Single Post
Old 22-12-2011
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
I just got a quote on 5 x Goodyear Duratrac 285/70 17's for the JK from Tirerack. In stock, delivery estimated at about 3 to 5 days by FedEx.

The initial viewing was very promising, as was expecting around $465 locally and the tire rack price was $265 each at tirerack - thats $1000 cheaper!

Just got the quote today - $608 freight for a total of $1933 delivered to the door. However, also subject to GST and customs fees, should be no duty as they are US made, plus fitting and balancing.

After GST and fitting, will prob end up saving about 10%, and have no local warranty.

Think I will wait til they become available in Australia - hopefully early next year.
If you change your mind and do order, you'll be better off ordering in two lots to stay under 1K. They will still hit you with GST and Fedex with fees acting as a release agent for customs. I paid 408$ for GST + fees. But no duty for tires.