AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
It is caused by a ground loop as I mentioned before, it is almost always because of a bad ground, if the head unit isn't grounded properly it will try to find a ground where ever it can and if that means through the RCA cables then it will and then it will cause noise.....
Thanks JJ for the help, you have saved me 40 bucks in gear that would have made no difference. Problem now is I can not work out why the head unit is not grounding. Last night I tried grounding it by pulling it out of the dash and running a ground from the seat bolt back to the head unit, with no major improvement. I also tried it straight off the batt and it actually got worse.

Does it sound like an internal fault in the head unit? All the grounds tested with 0 resistence, I assume that means they are ok? The only ground I did not test was the outer part of the RCA jack on the head unit, which has me suspecting that. That is the only conclusion I can come too, especially considering a 4" peice of wire is the only thing so far that would solve it prefectly.

Regards A

Last edited by anthonygubbin; 27-01-2012 at 12:24 PM.