AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WG CRD 2003 fuel bleed valve faulty?
View Single Post
Old 31-01-2012
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WG CRD 2003 fuel bleed valve faulty?

I've been chasing air in my fuel lines for a while now - noticed it first during very cold mornings (well Sydney winter cold mornings anyway) when a couple of cranks became necessary and a bit of rough idle followed starting but only for 10 seconds or so. Having replaced fuel line o-rings into the low pressure pump I thought I had it sussed as the existing o-rings were relatively new looking but the wrong size.

That didn't fix it and my partner got stuck endlessly cranking on an incline after stopping for an hour and a half.

At any rate this is when I noticed the fuel bleed valve collet was pretty much stuck fast and took a great deal of force to pop the dust cap out so I could start priming. Got going again on the first crank but I've noticed that as soon as the dust cap is removed from the bleed valve air is sucked in (large amounts - not even large bubbles just a straight drop in the line) and endless cranking is the result.

Anyone know if the dust cap is actually integral to valve sealing or is mine likely stuffed? Oh I also accidentally cranked once without the valve cap in and this results in diesel pumping out past the valve.

Cheers, Martin.