AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Progressive or Soft Riding Springs
View Single Post
Old 27-02-2012
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

For what it's worth My 2C's;

Yes the angle of the control arms will make a diff, Longer adjustable will help, drop brackets will also help... both would/may be hard to do they both have advantages and disadvantages

Springs make a diff, but too soft provides poor handling on and off road... there needs to be some firmness to provide weight carrying capacity and longevity.

Shocks make a diff, once again, too soft will provide for poor handling on and off road... you don't wont the wheel bouncing up and down for ever; every time you hit a bump...

The Jeep is NO limo.. Thank gawd...

The biggest culprit to a "" Ruff Ride"" is the tyre, the pressures they run, the wall ply and how strong the walls are... Less pressure helps here but you can only go so far...

For example: I have seen 37" BFG Krawlers with less than 5PSI and the wall still seems to be normal... even on the trail...

If you made the right mods, above it will still never feel like an independent suspension vehicle, get used to it...

I feel my set up works well (all be it the shocks are tad light in the cornering department compare to what I had) but I through my original 16's with the original stock tyres on the other week (just to get em checked at my tyre dealer) in case I ever need 'em (if the man in blue don't like me) and the diff in ride was enormous compared to my MTZ, much softer...

But I still know what I would rather be driving on LOL...

Been driving 4bies off and on for over 20 years and the Jeep sure is a limo compare to those old 4X4's.... end rant....

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.

Last edited by Gravel; 27-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.