AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Warning - Absestos Contamination
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012
Established Member

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

well I guess im in trouble I live in tom price and have been going to wittenoom for the last 31 years , always wait til the jeep has stopped before getting out ,to let the dust settle.
your right there is fibres everywhere even the old airstip that lang hangcock had bitumised is made out of the fibres and the police dont go there either because of that threat.
it is a beautiful gorge and you can drive right down to where the old settlement was .
I guess if you want to see it then stay in your car although the road is getting rougher as it is no longer maintained by the guy who use to do it from wittenoom as he has passed away.
there is still a few people living there ,a mate and i went down the gorge not too long ago and found two mango trees chockablock full so we filled some bags took them home and had a mango fiest as dumb and dumber rippened them all up at the same time 50 mangos so have gone off them for a while.
its a choice you need to make for yourself whether to go there or not , there are lots of other places in the pilbara to see even if you take a trip out to milli milli just a good trip to nowhere .

Last edited by FRANK.A; 05-03-2012 at 06:44 PM.