AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Albany, WA 4wding tracks close to town?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysTJ View Post
Mate i'm a local here and if you after some good tracks mostly soft sand and hills i would be going for a drive through west cape howe LOTS of tracks out there

Also if you up for challenge on your way out stop and visit dingo beach the track up im summer can be interesting not too bad if you let your pressures down.

AND... if you really want to test your skills i would give bornholm an attempt, it's believed to be the HARDEST beach access track in AUSTRALIA according to several websites and mags.

be warned but if you can get back up the hill the tow fee is huge, i believe a local farmer bought a 2nd hand tractor just for the purpose of pulling people up it. They say he charges about $500 bucks a pull and hates it if you say no and then call him back again....

In saying that i've driven it twice never had a problem even with muddies so... just drop your pressures and it will be all sweet but dont muck around go low to start off with or the track only gets harder

anyways hope ya have a good one
Yeah i'll deffs be giving bornholm an attempt at some stage of my life, after a few upgrades

but yeah next time i'm down i'll head out to Cape Howe and do some adventuring! sounds like some good tracks!

Cheers