AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 140K on the clock. Time to renovate the '02 KJ CRD
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
In my experience you can't really tell how the upper rear control arm ball joint is until you pop it out of the diff bracket and move it around by hand. If its sloppy in the socket and has fore and aft or side to side slack them it needs to be replaced.

As to the hose, it looks like it is weeping oil which indicates its degraded and maybe leaking. Do you have a Provent on the vehicle to stop that oil from getting into the hoses?

Finally, I'd check the airbox to turbo hose at the bottom where it attaches to the turbo. There has been a few cases of these airbox to turbo hoses degrading and cracking at the bend into the turbo. While not really affecting boost or power, what is does do is allow dirty air into the turbo (effectively bypassing your air filter).
Thanks Glend. No Provent. It is on the list of possible renovations. I'd like to see the difference in performance once the turbo system is sorted. Given the likely cost of the intercooler hoses and the performance loss I'd say a Provent is certainly worth doing. Hoses first, Provent later.

Bazz thanks for the link. I've now got a few different emails out there seeking prices for parts.

Cheers, Indie.