AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - $500 and a stock cherokee sport whats mods first?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
If you can get hold of a pair of stock leaf packs for the rear (cheaply) and do the extra main leaf mod will work well for a while, you can even use an extra coil spring isolator in the front for a cheap 20mm lift, all makes a difference and should cost stuff all.
Add in some budget front disconnects (ie carry some spanners) and that will make a difference offroad, not very convenient but free....
If you do start wheeling it just be sure to check that the front bump stops actually stop the upper control arm hitting the the trans cooler line when fully compressing the drivers front wheel....
Thanks JJ, Always good advice, I just finished doing the cheap disconnects last night, using the cotter pin and r clips idea, they seem like they will work ok, i will keep checking them for wear as I don't really trust them on road, although i don't do any great distance in the car any way and i have a spare set, the originals can go back in and be changed out for big trips. I will also check clearance for bumpstops if i add any lift.
I will check a few of the local 4x4 wreckers near by for leaf spring packs too i had that idea in mind. Grabbed a trolley jack and car stands yesterday too, so its all coming together!!
31 x 10.5 Mickey thompson Baja MTZ