AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Auxilary Tank
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Hi guys, I've got the Laredo and the space under my passenger seat was empty apart from a few electrical wires, relays and plugs. I've read in other posts that this well under the passenger seat is where the Quadra Lift control unit is installed. No Quadra Lift on a Laredo hence it's an empty well.

For what it's worth I looked at mounting the 2nd battery in this well under the passenger seat, but am a bit loathe to cut and remove anything just yet, so ended up putting drag chain and snatch strap in this spot.
All I had to do was unclip a relay unit and lift out the plastic mounting tray and it left a really nice storage space.

In terms of my second battery, I've been using a thumper pack and have a Waeco50L fridge and both sit just nicely between the rear passenger seat and the back tail gate. The only limitation here is tie downs and having to hop onto the back to reach into the fridge.

I'll try and desribe this next bit as best as possible, but given the location of the spare tyre, I had to be a little bit flexible and creative, so here's what I'm planning. As soon as I have it built and some pictures, I'll post them up.

I'm building a 'U' shape timber unit (Black Form Ply) with a fridge slide that will sit on the RHS cargo floor. I'll mount the battery at the back of this unit (effectively hard against the rear passenger seat) and the fridge on the slide unit in front.
In effect the battery and fridge will still be where they are today located between the rear passenger seat and the back tail gate, but with the inclusion of the 'U' shape unit that will allow the fridge to slide in and out.
If I then get a flat tyre(which only ever happened once in ten years with my previous Jeep), I can lift the fridge, battery and timber slide unit out to get to the tyre.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.