AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - 140K on the clock. Time to renovate the '02 KJ CRD
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 51 Times in 44 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

More progress.

Drove the car yesterday for the first time after putting the rear end back together. A much firmer ride and feels solid with the clunk totally gone. I'll give it a week or two and will then get back under and check everything is still tight.

The new turbo hoses are on having just fitted them about an hour ago and just did a test drive. There's certainly more boost but not back to brand new. Might still be worth getting a pressure test done at some point. Cost for the new hoses was $370 delivered from WRS on the Gold Coast. The old hoses were slick with oil and the turbo inlets were also coated. On that basis I think the Provent will be a good addition in the foreseeable future.

Tomorrow all going well the rear brakes will be taken apart, cleaned, and the new shoes fitted to go with the machined drums.

Thought I'd have a bit of a rest after that but today my wife says to me that the speedo is acting weird. I looked at it earlier and it's dropping off at times so that's probably next on the agenda. Anyone have any experience replacing speedo cables?

In the meantime a glass of red or three is in order.

Last edited by indiedog; 01-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.