AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ESP/BAS Light?
Thread: ESP/BAS Light?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Sorry Nemesis, I have to disagree with you there. Have aligned mine and friends on regular occasions by eye for the steering wheel and string line for wheels straight ahead and never had an issue.

On a normal camber road my steering wheel is about 2cm to the right of centre and on an off camber road about 3cm to the left of centre on average. It sits pretty close to dead centre on flat road, though there is not much of that around!

Never had an issue except for a clock spring failure!

I should add though that there was a computer update to reduce the sensitivity of the earlier vehicles. Prob pre 2009 from memory. If its been updated then you can Di the chicken dance to permanently disable the ESP system.

Sent from Tapatalk as I finally ditched the Windows 7.5 heap of rubbish
Look you can disagree all you like, but thro practical experience of bas / ESP Christmas tree lights going off, I found that you have to have the steering wheel DEAD straight, other factors such as lift height can cause reduced tolerance to having the steering wheel dead straight, as the yaw and accelerometer outputs change with lift height, the only way to eliminate this problem is to get it on a scan gauge and centre it, you can then chase other gremlins. Squinting and aligning it by eye is a waste of time. Why bother you'll end up going round in circles.

DO IT RIGHT FIRST TIME.
10JK Rubicon