AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
Finally got around to fitting my Blackjack Welding recovery points to my Mopar front bar.

Took me a couple of hours to remove the crush cans, mainly due to my lack of appropriate tools and skills. I hacksawed off all but the last couple of inches of the cans then used a Dremmel with a cutting disk (many in fact!) to cut through the spot welds. Then bashed the remainder of the cans off with a hammer.

There was some residual weld left on the bar so I ground that off with an angle grinder, amazingly without setting fire to anything. Some metal primer and black bumper touchup paint (damn grinder) and the recoveries were a dead easy bolt-up.

Topped off with a couple of Ironman shackles.

That actually makes the mopar bar look good.
For future reference you can buy 4" 100mm cut off discs for the angle grinder, they are about 1mm thick and cut through thin(or thick) plate like butter. Would save a heap of time and money on the little dremmel discs.
Matt.