AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - WK2 Bullbar - When ARB?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarps View Post
Thanks Sam for taking the time to post and update. Not sure if the info provided helps or hinders in our quest to fit up our new WK2 Jeeps with aftermarket accessories. In effect, what I'm beginning to realise is that if you purchase a Jeep, then ARB's not for you. Look elsewhere.

Business must be good for ARB that we don't matter in the urgency stakes. Is one of the 30 design tech's at least dedicated to the WK2?

By the end of Sept, I'll have spent just over $5k on accessories for mine and despite 6 visits to ARB outlets since last November, not one of those dollars has gone your way despite my best attempts to do so.

While I also accept there is a supply v demand rationalisation, if the ARB Marketing and Management departments understood the demographic of the WK2 Grand Cherokee (predominantly 35 to 70 yo cashed up males) the decision to at least provide a bullbar would have received more urgent attention and more than reap a financial return to the ARB shareholder/owners.

Today I'm taking up options as independant manufacturers go to market. i.e. ECB & LRA, and the longer you leave it to realise you may have made an error in deciding to delay, the longer it will be for these customers and their decendants to come back to ARB when next we upgrade.

If not already done, someone in ARB needs to look at how many WK2's have been sold and who has them. The bullbar particularly needed urgently for not only offroad work but for the huge caravan touring market in Australia. Assume someone in ARB has heard of the term Baby Boomers and mid aged executives and the financial market power they can spend in.

Please don't take this as a negative, just a good customer trying to give you feedback and $$$$'s business.

Scott
Scott,
I own a late model WH and have also been frustrated by the apparent lack of support and accessories for my model coming out of ARB.
I am still trying to figure out is Sam's reply to your post was a genuine answer or a fob-off !!!
I am looking elsewhere for aftermarket bits for my WH and I would suggest that you do the same. Sadly, I think your observation is correct and you'll have a long wait if you hang around waiting for ARB to build accessories for vehicles other than the so-called popular ones from manufacturer's like Nissan & Toyota. By the way this is not in any way a bash session against these brands just frustration at the lack of support that ARB are sending the way of the Jeep community.....

My thought's only, take them for what they are.......