AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Welding and Fabriction advice 101
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 1,113 Times in 693 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
guys its not the earth its the power active and neutral is smaller in cross section 10 amp is smaller than 15
Not prior to the outlet it's not, generally 15A outlets are wired in 2.5mm2 cable which is the same as the cable used to wire up 10A outlets, BUT the difference is generally the 10A outlets are looped from one to another in a daisy chain around the house where as the 15A outlets are generally wired on their own back to the breaker....

This is the reason for the larger earth pin so it can't be plugged into a normal outlet and therfore be connected to the last outlet on the circuit which has the highest chance of a degraded earth circuit.

So, how did you go with the diagram of how to weld the "C's" for me and any further info would be great, still considering using a MIG 'cause if I mount the diff housing on a turntable I could do the weld in one pass using the MIG which would be neater than any arc weld that I could do here...

JJ

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland