AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Light-bar Regulations
View Single Post
Old 13-11-2012
MonsterMoose

Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Interesting how they rant on about the minimum 600mm seperation of the lamps on both the Moster Lights site and even the QLD transport PDF doc, yet the PDF doc states the the seperation ADR requirements do not apply to additional driving lights, only headlights and fog lights. They must however still be installed as pairs and not a single lamp on highways, so some gap in the middle is required for Aussie highway use.

It also states that QLD currently has a moratorium on booking people for having the single LED light on the front pending a review this year of ADR 13/00 which may end up allowing them anyway (though somehow I doubt it...)

I wonder if they will start also booking all the vehicles that have uneven numb ers of lights on them, or the row of 6 across the roof etc. Lets pick on one style of light while everyone else breaks the same law but doesnt got booked for it.

To be honest I can not understand the law in the first place - you are not allowed to use high beam and driving lights with oncoming traffic or in built up areas, so what the hell is the difference between having one light or ten? I am also allowed to install 4 x 100w HID driving lights that would burn holes in your retina's at 1000 paces, but oh no, you cant install a single 20in light bar!!! Joke isn't it!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club