AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - ProVent
Thread: ProVent
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by king bogan View Post
Why skimp on inferior rubber hoses to connect it? why skimp and not have an oil cooler added to the system? why skimp and keep you stock d30 diffs...
everyone has their price limits, no need to lash the bloke.
I doubt stainless steel is likely to dislodge then the paper like material the provent has, less likely to get clogged up too. A 'good' catch can usually has baffle plates so no pressure can build up.
$14k would get you a worked ls3 or a couple of jeep engines
/rant
Good luck buying a VM 2.8 new under $14k, post your supplier and then show me a ls3 conversion for under $14 k after you scuff the liners with the pot scrubbers or PVC blowby filter??
There is no flaming just some common sense and reality to people who will spend tens of thousands on a vehicle and then throw a dodgy homemade can filled with steel wool AFTER the engine intake filter?????
Seriously I'm gobbsmacked??
There is such a thing as false economy as in saving a few bucks making a filter to blow thousands on a new engine! How can you possible compare a not upgrading a working d30 to putting a potentially engine destroying hack inline with the intake??
Btw it's a coalescing filter that is designed to re-congeal oil vapor back into a liquid... It doesnt clog like a micron rated particulate filter.