AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Jeep Ute with LS1 V8 build
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Liked 6,589 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
Thanks Guys glad you all like it,

project has stopped as we need to buy decent welder first.

and work out our stuff up
the back of the jeep is about 200mm narrower so we have 100mm a side,
we need to do something with to fit that back piece in properly and still have the tail gate sit flush. hmmmmmmmmmm.............
MM are you referring to the tailgate looking wider than the cab as in your 2nd pic? If so, you probably should be able to remove part of the sides between the window & the round edge. Make sure you have an overlap when you weld (mig) it back together. You can just cut a bit off the base of the railgate to get the height right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmonster View Post
as for the engineer , dont have one, there is no local engineer in coffs area, my mate has done quite a few chops and got them engineered with plenty of pics and documents, so it should be all sweet finures crossed.

anyone got any idears on colour/colours?? i want it to be noticed but not stand out, (though it will be noticed anyway )
I would be getting your mate to talk to his engineer ASAP & get you an introduction.
The compliance requirements are getting harder as time goes by.
Good Luck !

A little mig/tig is what you want.