AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Project "Apache Resistance".
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts

I didn't put on the cables that the Hand Brake pulls for like a week or two after the disc brake conversion.

I just put on the hand brake cables from Morris4x4 and they fit perfect. I had them on the jeep working within an hour. (I used a car lift, so it might take those who are doing it on the ground longer.)

I first cut the old ones off. I then put the new ones on, ran them to the old place where the two stock XJ cables went to, snapped them into the old bracket and hooked them up to the hand brake. The old ones were rusty in place, and i ended up using a rosebud torch to get them apart.

Once that was done i pulled my Hand brake and nothing. I needed to adjust the E-Brake pads. To do this you have to remove this little rubber thing on the back of the backing plate and spin the screw that moves the pads either closer or farther apart. After having my dad move it around, and me testing the hand brake, we finally got it right.