AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - XJ: Project "Apache Resistance".
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts

The next thing on my list was a CB Antenna. (I just like it for looks, i didn't even buy a Cb Radio Yet.) After posting up some pictures of what i created, i got flamed quite hard that it was going to get ripped off. I'm willing to take that chance. I got in my Firestik Antenna today (6/26/12,) and put it on. You guys were right, that metal wasn't strong enough to hold it up. After the first trip, the thing was bent to shit, and i didn't hit anything. However, i'm not giving up. I'm going to make it out of 1/4" Stainless tomorrow. If that doesn't do the trick, i'll ramp it up again.

The first metal one you see is what i originally made. It wasn't strong enough, so i made it out of 1/4" Stainless Steel. I'll probably make another one to mount on the back soon, because the general consensus is that it's going to be ripped off.

Anyways, here's what the mount looks like, i'll get some pictures of the CB mounted up on it tomorrow. It's dark now and i can't take pictures.

Oh, and these are my custom rear shock mounts as well. I thought i did pretty good. Rear shock mount bolts snapped off, made these up, and welded them in place. They work perfect.