AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand - View Single Post - Axle swap
Thread: Axle swap
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2013
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

The Suspension/The AxlesThe brand-new Quadra-Link Cherokee front suspension repeated itself on the Comanche. The pickup ran the coil spring/Dana 30 solid axle/four locating arms setup, while the rear was the familiar full-floating, open-end Dana 35 solid axle with leaf springs under the axle, although they were longer than the Cherokee's. Longbeds could be equipped with the Big-Ton Payload Package, bumping the max payload to 2,205 pounds by way of a beefier rear axle (a.k.a. Dana 44), springs, and shocks, as well as a fullsize spare and 15x7 wheels. Outside of North America, the same heavy-duty upgrades were called Metric Tonne. The optional 4x4 Off-Road Package included high-pressure gas shocks, front tow hooks, a heavy-duty radiator, and front skidplates. There was also an available Trac-Lok rear diff for the 4.0L (if the truck had the fullsize spare). Towing capacity at birth with the Class A hitch was 2,000 pounds; 4,000 pounds with the Class B. Running the 4.0L/auto trans combo brought it to 5,000 pounds. The standard axle gears were 3.54s, with 4.10s as the option - other than the Fuel Miser's 3.31s.

Read more: http://www.jpmagazine.com/images/154...#ixzz2IlMWbi5xan excerrpt from JP mag

mine is the metric tonne modle has bigger brake drums as well

Proud member of the "She'll Be Right" Gang
yes LEZ is my brother